Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It just feels good

I've been in a rut for soooo long and I feel like I have been desperately trying to get out of it. And some days, even weeks I have been successful, but I constantly feel like I have just been falling back into the lack of motivation to do anything good for me on a consistent basis. Do you ever get that way? But I feel like I have a goal in mind that feels reachable, and I just feel like I've turned a good corner. Not one that expects results to happen TOMORROW..but one that is okay with just taking it one day at a time, doing my best and going from there.

So what is different...
1- I made a new running plan that starts super slow...like so slow that I won't be able to run a 1/2 marathon until Next February.
2- I have a playlist of songs that keep me going
3- I have the willpower to resist more often than give in
4- I feel motivated to start my day out with exercise rather than put it off until later in the day.
5- I have mini goals---3 pounds by Justus's wedding, a 5k by September, a 10k by our Anniversary
6- So far it's helping my anxiety..and I need that. A LOT
7- It's feeding into my 'wanderlust'-- even though it feels terrible to think about getting up at 5 to go for a run, when I'm out there and when I get back I just feel so energized and ready to figure out where we are going next with our travel experience.

All for now! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment